Beginning February 1, 2019 through April 30, 2019 – Sign up your school to participate in the 2019 WTAE-TV project Bundle-Up’s “Fundraise The Jolly Roger.” For 20 years, the Pittsburgh Pirates and WTAE-TV’s project Bundle-Up have collaborated to raise money to purchase new winter outerwear for more than 280,000 disadvantaged children & seniors in Western Pennsylvania.
What is Fundraise The Jolly Roger? – This is a Greater Pittsburgh fundraising program, in partnership with the Pittsburgh Pirates, to engage schools through philanthropy, while having fun, winning great prizes and supporting the hometown baseball team! This unique fundraiser allows children an opportunity to help vulnerable children…..a home run in our books.
How does your school participate? – Your school may participate in THREE easy steps:
2. Recruiting: Students, teachers, administrators, parents and friends can sign up on your team’s fundraising website and donate.
3. Fundraising: Your school may fundraise through events and/or through individual donations to the school’s fundraising page. How your school chooses to fundraise is up to you, however we are happy to provide suggestions. Your school can run a Project Bundle-Up Bounce for Bundle-Up event, a Penny Wars Competition, Spirit Day events, walks, runs, bake sales, or a Pittsburgh Pirates Opening Day themed dress down on April 1, when they play their first home game at PNC Park vs the St. Louis Cardinals. These are just a few suggestions. You can find more on our school fundraising flyer. Utilize the tools available in your school to help promote your event and increase your fundraising network. CLICK HERE to donate to a specific team
What can your school win? – There are several milestone prize opportunities as well as one large grand prize you can win by fundraising. See below.
NOTE: Schools may qualify for more than one milestone prize.
If you have any questions, call us at 412-446-1640
Milestone Prize Opportunities
- First 20 schools to raise $500 or more will receive: 50 Pittsburgh Pirates wristbands
- First 20 schools to raise $750 or more will receive: 20 Pittsburgh Pirates caps
- First 10 schools to raise $1,000 or more will receive: Tickets for the ENTIRE SCHOOL to attend a Pittsburgh Pirates game at PNC Park during the 2019 season
- GRAND PRIZE: The school that raises the most money by 12:00 PM on April 30, 2019 will receive a visit from a Pittsburgh Pirates player to your school, where they will do a Q&A with students, take photos, sign a pre-determined number of autographs and thank the school for the incredible work done fundraising through this program; school representatives will also be invited to do an on-air check presentation at the 2019 WTAE-TV project Bundle-Up Telethon! **If your school is located less than one hour from PNC Park, you are eligible to win the top prize of a Pittsburgh Pirate Player visit. All schools, no matter its distance from Pittsburgh, are eligible for the other milestone prizes**
NOTE: Schools may qualify for more than one milestone prize
For more information, please contact WTAE-TV project Bundle-Up at 412-446-1640 or email@example.com.